Blocky Roads Cheats And Tips
Blocky Roads plays as well as it looks, and we were impressed us enough to award this new physics racer a score of 4.5 out of 5 in our review earlier today. Like other games in the genre, it can be a fiddly affair to get started with, so we've put together ten essential tips for surviving each race, and getting more coins at the same time.
- Be very careful when it comes to landing after jumps. It's extremely easy to send the car flipping over forwards, ending your turn in the process. As you come in to land, make sure you apply a little braking so that your vehicle stabilizes somewhat. You'll be particularly prone to flipping after making an upgrade that gets you over a previously insurmountable leap, so be careful!
- You're not just stuck with your starter car in Blocky Roads. By heading to the Garage section of your farm, you can browse left and right through new vehicles that are available in the game. Pay attention to the different stats for each car. Note that you'll need to play through the game to slowly unlock vehicles, or you can immediately unlock everything for an additional fee.
- Remember that you have very limited fuel in the Blocky Roads, and so you'll need to keep an eye on your fuel meter, and not just hold down the gas pedal constantly. If you want a bigger fuel tank in Blocky Roads, you'll need to apply upgrades to your vehicle's engine - as an extra bonus, you'll find it much easier to climb up steep hills with each successive upgrade.
- In the early days of the game, you'll want to get a few upgrades under the bonnet of your starter car as soon as possible - just don't max it out entirely, as you'll get a better base vehicle in a short amount of time. We recommend applying upgrades evenly across all four categories until you've rounded out your first car's performance to a point where you can pick up a decent chunk of coins each run.
- If you're really struggling to get up an incline, and you've made sure you've applied a few engine upgrades, it's worth spending some of your precious coins upgrading the drive stat of your chosen car. Even just a few cheap upgrades will give you some much needed extra power. Just watch that fuel meter while giving yourself a good run-up.
- Speed will only get you so far in Blocky Roads, and you need those coins far more urgently than you need a quick whizz through the countryside. Try to maintain the balance between having enough speed to tackle an upcoming hill-climb, while using the breaks often enough to ensure your car passes through as many coins as possible.
- If you're carefully managing your gas and braking in Blocky Roads, but still finding yourself flipping end over end after a big leap, consider increasing your suspension stats. These upgrades take a little of the wobble out of your journeying, and can really make the difference when it comes to achieving a longer run next time.
- Try not to pay too much attention to the ghost of your previous race. While it's tempting to try and eke out an ever-faster course time, you'll find yourself acting much more recklessly, and most likely miss out on coins as a result
- If you make improvements to your chassis in Blocky Roads, you'll actually get two distinct benefits - just like when you improve your engine. In the case of the chassis stat, you'll not only get a car that can survive more knocks before exploding, it will be able to leap much further through the air - that's great for conserving fuel, while still clearing perilous gaps in the road.
- If you're desperate to grind out more coins in Blocky Roads, we really can't recommend the initial course enough. Once you've made significant progress in the game, you'll be able to play this first run with your eyes closed. There are no particularly hard coin placements either, so you should have no trouble cleaning up on every last one of them.
Download Blocky Roads - iPhone & iPad