Deer Hunter 2014 Cheats And Tips
Deer Hunter 2014 picked up a 4 out of 5 star score in our review earlier this morning, and even if the subject matter isn't quite to your taste, it's certainly a slickly designed shooting game. Here are all of the best tips we picked up while playing the game.
- It'll be a long time until you have enough cash to max out any one gun, so we recommend letting the mission system guide you towards your next upgrade. Before going on a hunt, you'll be provided with a list of suggested upgrades. Work towards these first.
- In certain missions, you'll be tasked with shooting an animal either in the heart or one of the lungs. You'll need the infrared power activated to be able to see these vital organs - the heart sits in the middle, and the lungs are either side of the heart. Pay close attention to the requirements of a mission before starting.
- Struggling to hit the ducks in the contract hunting work? Once you've established the general direction the bird is flying in, move your gun sights a little ahead of its flight path, and simply wait for the duck to fly through your crosshairs before firing. You don't have to hit the bird dead-center either - as long as you strike within the general hit window, you should have no trouble taking the duck down.
- Bored of waiting for the energy meter to refill? You can't advance your system clock to refill it quickly, but you can use some of the gold bars that you earn to top it up straight away. Use this precious resource sparingly though - sometimes it's better to wait a few minutes than to blow through your whole stash.
- Don't hang about in the later levels! Once you reach the point where a single shot doesn't kill an animal, either upgrade your gun to deliver more bang for your buck, or act very quickly to reload and finish off the job. Note that other animals in the hunt may be startled by your first shot too, so move quickly.
- Having said that, if you're in a really bad position then you'll want to make that first, critical shot count. Set things up in your favor in terms of positioning, and get everything lined up nicely before firing off that first shot.
- Some of those animals will fight back, so make sure you've got your secondary weapon on standby if you didn't take out your prey in one go. Wolves in particular will charge at you immediately after an errant strike, so get ready to bring your shotgun into play.
- You can use something called an Animal Call to preserve your progress if you're really struggling with a mission. By activating this special item, the mission will restart, but you'll keep the animal kills you racked up in the earlier attempt. Save these for only the trickiest hunts though, as you only get a few for free.
- At first, each hunting scene will only be filled with the animals you need to kill. Later on though, there'll be a mixture of animals wandering around the landscape. Pay very close attention to the animal preview before you begin - this will give you an important visual clue about the appearance of your prey.
Deer Hunter 2014 FAQ
How do I get more money in Deer Hunter 2014?
You'll receive money for taking part in general hunts, trophy hunts or - most conveniently of all - by taking part in contract hunts. These latter hunts are very quick and easy, reward good cash, but they will still take away some of your energy meter.
How can I make my infrared last longer in Deer Hunter 2014?
Either get a gun with a better infrared meter, or upgrade your current gun using the cash you've earned so far. Whichever infrared version you have, don't activate it until the very last minute to get the most use from it.
How do I unlock new regions in Deer Hunter 2014?
In order to open up the next region in the game, you'll have to complete every trophy hunt in the region you're currently in. Pay close attention to the rifle requirements before starting one of these hunts as they're particularly tricky to pull off.
How do I get more energy in Deer Hunter 2014?
The energy system stops you from playing too much of the game for free in any one sitting. You'll either have to wait a few minutes for the energy bar to refill, spend gold bars on refilling it quickly, or pay money if you're out of gold bars. The usual trick of setting your device's clock forward won't work in Deer Hunter 2014.
What upgrades should I buy in Deer Hunter 2014?
As a general rule, let the missions dictate where your next upgrade should lie. If the game recommends a certain level of stability, for example, then work towards that. If you find yourself struggling in a particular hunt, do some contract work and upgrade the area that's causing you problems.
Download Deer Hunter 2013 - iOS