Gold Diggers Cheats And Tips
We gave Gold Diggers a score of 3.5 out of 5 in our review earlier this morning, and while it's true that the game isn't particularly innovative, it's definitely a solid scroller. Here's a selection of useful tips to help you improve your leaderboard performance.
- If you're just short of unlocking a particularly powerful upgrade, be sure to check out the mission system that you can view on the pause screen. Some of these objectives are very easy to complete, and you'll be rewarded with a decent chunk of gold for your trouble.
- When being chased by the gigantic worm that appears at the top of the screen, it's imperative that you pass over as many of those downward pointing arrows as possible. These will give you a little boost, and are essential for staying one step ahead of the beast. These sequences only last a few seconds, so just hold on!
- Rather than moving fluidly around the screen, the minecart sections require you to leap between the tracks to collect coins, and avoid plummeting into the depths below. A single swipe left or right will move you onto the nearest track in that direction. Do go for as many coins as possible, but don't be so greedy you end your turn!
- The best places to grab serious chunks of change are at the beginning of the "burrowing" sections of the game. Here you'll find pictograms built out of coins - steer your ship in very wide left and right bursts to grab as many of these free coins as possible.
- At the end of each run, you'll be given a very limited amount of time to chip away at a gigantic mountain of gold. Don't limit yourself to tapping with one finger here. Rap three or four fingers in rapid succession over this pile of money to take home some seriously useful bling.
- Looking to splash out on some upgrades? Stay away from spending money on the different wagons in the early days, as these only provide a cosmetic change to your drill. If you're looking to play the game for a long time, it's better to invest first in those upgrades that give you a permanent gold-gathering advantage.
- One of the best upgrades you can invest in is a new character. If you can scratch 15,000 gold together, Bambi will give you an extra life at the start of every run - and that kind of boost can pay off handsomely in the long run. Alternatively, you might want to unlock Caldwell for the same fee. Playing as this character causes high-value diamonds to appear sporadically on the playing area.