The Simpsons: Tapped Out - How To Remove Friends
BREAKING: Check out our complete guide to the Halloween 2013 update
Watch the trailer for the new Halloween update.
One question we often get e-mailed about at Modojo is how exactly you go about removing friends in The Simpsons: Tapped Out. There are a few reasons for wanting to do so. Perhaps there's been an update and you want to maximize the new currency you can collect. Maybe you just no longer want someone you know in real life to be able to visit your town. And perhaps your new, initially eager friends aren't reciprocating the good deeds you do for them.
Whatever your reason for wanting to remove a friend in Tapped Out, here are the very simple quick steps you need to take if you want to clean up your list. Note that the steps are different for iPhone and Android users, so scroll the page for the method that applies to you.
iPhone / iPad
- Head into the game, then tap on the Friends icon of Millhouse and Bart in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- Here are all of your friends' Springfields. Hit the Origin logo at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.
- Navigate to the My Friends tab to the left of the menu screen.
- Tap on the portrait image of the person you want to remove. Scroll down the list if necessary to find the person. Tap again to open up their profile.
- Tap on the plus sign that's beneath and to the right of their profile picture, then select Remove Friend.
- You'll get a confirmation box. Click Remove to finalize the removal, and voila! They'll no longer take up precious room on your friends list, and you'll be removed from theirs too.
- First things first, head to the Origin homepage, then click through to the log-in section. Enter the credentials you provided when you first created your very own Springfield.
- Click on Order History to the left of the search bar to bring up your account details. Click Privacy from the options on the left-hand side of the screen. Now enter the names that you no longer wish to play with in the Block A User bar.
You may need to completely log out of The Simpsons: Tapped Out on your Android device before the changes will come into effect.